Fager Claudia Sweet Iron Loose RingsRegular price $125.00
Fager Claudia is a good choice for horses who you would describe as the following:
- Unhappy in the bit you currently have.
- Reluctant to soften down into the bit.
- Requires encouragement to seek out the contact without any stiffness.
- Pull the reins out of your hand.
- On and off in the contact.
Claudia is designed with the sensitive horse in mind. Claudia offers that extra bit of everything, just when you need it! When combined with the palatable taste of Sweet Iron this bit is well accepted, including ‘hard to please’ picky, sensitive horses.
The mouthpiece follows the natural shape/contour of the mouth, featuring a short centerpiece which lies flat against the tongue, eliminating any palate interference. It’s breakover is towards the outside of the tongue, softening excessive pressure to the center of the tongue whilst promoting a more consistent feel across the mouth.
Using Claudia for a horse with a sensitive tongue you will discover that they become more willing to accept the contact and start to enjoy their work, the sweet taste will encourage the horse to seek contact with the bit without getting stiff and stuck in the hand.
Claudia even suits horses whose mouth conformation has a low palate combined with a big tongue; this combination being extremely difficult to find suitable bits for.
TIPS AND GOOD INFORMATION
- Sweet iron is meant to rust. Most horses love the taste it gives.
- When you receive your bit it has protection oil to prevent it from start rusting before being used. It might make the bit look a bit filthy as first sight. The oil can be either cleaned with a simple towel/paper before start using it or not. The oil is harmless for the horse.
- If you want to delay the rusting process, wipe the bit dry after every use.
- Do you think your bit is too rusty after a long time use? Put the sweet iron in Coca Cola and the rust will go away. It is the fosfor in Coca Cola that makes the rust dissolve. Please be careful using any other strong chemicals with fosfor in it! Coca Cola works fine, we promise.
Note that the blue color of the sweet iron will go away or fade when you choose to do this as well with the rust.